The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Mad Max



I mentioned earlier that Mad Max got grounded before being maidened after her latest rebuild due to a failed ESC. I bought a new Hobby King 70 amp ESC on Ebay for $35. It arrived today, I soldered the connectors and set it up in Mad Max. Wow... she has more power than I think a foamie should have... I was afraid to go past half throttle! I will need to be very careful with the throttle. I checked her CG and added about 1 oz under the nose, and she comes in a touch nose heavy. I tuned a few controls, having bound her to my Dx8, which also arrived today, and set up 3 rates.

Tomorrow I will try once again to fly Mad Max... I am optimistic, but my luck has not been so good lately.

No comments :

Post a Comment