The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cornell Rebuild Completed

This evening I finished the rebuilding of the Cornell. I had to order the Midnight Blue Ultracote from Horizon Hobby since no match was available locally. In the meantime I used Econocote Insignia Blue, which I found is curiously a grayish blue matte finish... Looks like it would be good on a Corsair. I took these pics with a 12x6 prop for more thrust, though she flew fine with the stock prop (I think its a 10x6, but its not marked). I have one, but its soft. I know it won't hold up in this heat, so I put a 10x7 APC e-prop on it. Its late, so I opted to paint the prop tips, let them dry overnight, pen in the red stripe, and in the morning I will light the fires and kick the tires before taking her out to BMF for flight cert. A bit nervous about that.

She's not perfect. I think the right wing is a tad higher than the left.  I may end up buying new wings for her. She does look pretty good, and when I get the proper cote on her, she will look sharp.



You can see the matte gray like "Insignia Blue" on this side.


Is it just me, or does that right wing (the one on the left of the pic) look a tad higher?



Couldn't save the right wing's Army Air Corp star (as is seen on the left wing), so I put a set of AMA classic art deco wings on it.





All up (battery in) she is just a bit nose heavy. Perfect!

Tomorrow, flight quals, along with the Stearman! Let's hope the twins can fly their planes well and keep the lifties under the wing...

No comments :

Post a Comment