The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Mad Max grounded

Mad Max, my POS BlitzRCWorks MX2 is grounded for mechanical failure. I had her tuned up, motor running and flight ready. Took her out to BMF and got the loose wire alert from the ESC. No flight.

The ESC, whose wiring has been poorly soldered, had parted an attachment point and I can no longer resolder the white ESC wire to the motherboard. I tried. I had resoldered all three at one time or another, and the black motor wire, which had also come undone. Its finally no longer capable of holding the solder as the tab on the motherboard has come off. So, Mad Max is grounded until I decide I want to spend more money to get a 70A ESC with a switching BEC (linear gets too hot for the ESC location in the fuse). I may do it... if Mad Max won't fly, I can use the electronics in my next aircraft.

No comments :

Post a Comment