The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wanted a Dx7s... oh well... I'll manage.

Just so you know, you can't always get what you want, but you might just get what you need.

I need a new transmitter like my wife needs a new hand bag, but I got one anyway. Okay... I needed it more than she needs a new hand bag because one of my two Dx6i has a bad gimbal and needs to be sent in, and we can't fly buddy box, my buddy and I, if I don't have two transmitters. Now that I have two good transmitters, or will when Mr. UPS man stops by next time, I can send the bad one in and see if Spektrum will fix it cheap. Okay if they won't, I'll have a new transmitter. See how that works out for me?

What really sucks is I went looking for a Dx7s. Do you have any idea how hard it is to try and find a transmitter that isn't to be released until Oct 2011 in August 2011? Pretty damn hard... Couldn't find it online. Hobbytown USA in Mobile, AL, didn't have it and my LHS didn't have it. Sitting in Chili's gnoshing my Old Timer with mayo and ketchup, I stared lovingly at the Dx7s on Spekturm's website (like many with a tablet device, I have mastered web surfing using my knees while eating). There it was, even though I have stared at this page with my head under the covers, flashlight in hand for many a night, clear as can be. "Due October 2011". Son of a...

Well, that explains a lot. Lamenting that homey isn't getting a Dx7s anytime soon, I kneed over to the the DX8 page where I saw the TX only package was only $50 more. Well... I could manage with a Dx8... Thinking.... Thinking... Yeah... With the help of my friends at PayPal, moments later I smiled, looked up at my wife and proudly told her I had ordered my new radio.

She looked up from her quesedilla, set it down, quietly took my Xoom tablet, and kneed over to to the Louis Vitton website. Yeah, like that'll happen... before I get my Twin Otter...

1 comment :

  1. A DX8 is not a high end Futaba, but I guess it will serve it purpose. Until that"gimbal" thingie craps out once again. :)))

    ReplyDelete