The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Clean Cubby

The past couple of flight days the Suicidal Cubby has been in a mood and rolls hard left or right as her feet leave the ground, whatever she wants, and slams into the ground. She has broken her motor mount, parted her motor "bolts", cracked her fuse... she has been just a pleasure these past few days. Today was no different. One takeoff-crash combo, and I had enough. I took her home and cleaned her up, redid her cote and tape, made her tighter and more secure. I re tilted the motor to improve her thrust vector and give her a bir more right. She broke my last 8x6 APC eprop, so I put a 9 x7.5 I had on her, which is probably better for the Alpha 400 motor she has on her. She looks great!


Suicidal Cubby all cleaned and snugged up!



Tomorrow's brood. I'll be taking the Stearman up, happily I hope. I will have a better runway for the Trojan, and we'll see if Cubby will break her recent depression and soar!

No comments :

Post a Comment