The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Weight and balance

Earlier today I blogged on Jerry and my experience maidening the Cornell after her new wings and motor mount were installed. This evening I installed about 2 oz of weight in the nose (I think each of these is 1 oz). This makes her balanced at the Eflite designated CG, and a bit nose heavy at almost 1/3 of the chord. I think this is a decent amount of weight and doesn't add too much to her overall weight. I think I am going to just have to keep the slight right rudder trim as there is no good or easy way to angle the motor to the right and keep her true through the cowl. Tomorrow I hope to see if she flies better.


No comments :

Post a Comment