The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Cornell Toast

I started the autopsy on the Cornell and it has not illuminated the cause of the up elevator fiasco. Bobby was maidening her with her new wing, took off sweet, and got stuck in up elevator, climbed to her death.

The wing cracked a spar, but did not separate. I removed the cote and was able to easily CA the spar. Good as new. I will replace the cote and be done with it. Once I re-cote it, it will look great and have full function.

The fuse is toast. It is fractured along every spar in several places, and the cross struts are all busted up. There is no way I will be able fix it. I will likely order a new fuse... please let that be the end of it. Let her fly like she used to with her new wing and new fuse...

I love this plane waaay too much to let go.

Way too much. Now I'm crying... sobbing like an 8 year old little girl...

No comments :

Post a Comment