The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, April 25, 2014

Lucky Stupid: Series vs Parallel

I have been making a fundamental mistake in my use of series to increase voltage and capacity: it doesn't do both.

I thought putting them in series increased the voltage AND the capacity was added. It's not...

Series: increase voltage, no increase in capacity. 2 x 3S 2650 mAh gives 6S 2650 mAh.

Parallel: Increases capacity, but does not increase voltage. 2 x 3S 2650 gives 3S 5300 mAh

 

 

 

http://www.zbattery.com/Connecting-Batteries-in-Series-or-Parallel

I have been putting batteries in series knowing I was increasing the voltage andthinking I was ALSO increasing capacity. When I flew the Sbach the other day with two 3S 3300 mAh batteries in series I got 6S but only 3300 mAh! That bought me 6 min total battery to exhaustion time (3.7V per cell). Dammit... I was trying to get more 6S mAh for longer flight times. Guess I will need to by a couple higher mAh 6S batteries.

I have have been mistaken for years... lucky stupid.

Thanks to Kenny Chandler for doubting me!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment