The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Right Stuff

My Hobbypartz Adventure has, more or less, finished, and finished satisfactorily. The right part is now in the right place for my Hangar 9 Sopwith. Its adventures continue!  I installed the motor last week, and today the Hobbywing Platinum 100A ESC arrived, and I installed it after soldering the connectors, and bench ran it with the prop using two 3S 3300 batteries in series (6S). She ran smoothly and with power. Here's a pic of the installation.  You can see the ESC to the left (a/c right).

I installed the cowl (no rubbing from the motor), and later painted the prop washer and nut with Rustoleum Hammered Copper paint, which I will let dry overnight. I will install that tomorrow. I will check the CG with the 6S setup, hoping to be a bit nose heavy. And with that, she will be flight ready again! I also spent the morning rebuilding and resetting up the CPM on my Erazor 450, and have started on my HDX 500 rebuild (it had issues when I bought it months ago, and I have never gotten around to setting them to rights).

No comments :

Post a Comment