The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, January 16, 2012

HDX500se Hovered, 450 up!

Well, here's a first I am sure. I have two CCPM helis flight read at the same time!


I soldered the pitch servo wires to a new connector, shrinkwrapped them individually, then as a bundle. Worked fine.



Took her out to the driveway for her first ever flight hover (in my hands... bought her used). Despite a brisk wind she hovered very stably. I guess what they say about larger helis being more stable is true. I knew this about 250 to 450, but even to the much larger 500; nice to see it in action. Looking forward to fully hovering her at BMF soon!

I spent my afternoon on the 500, and then rebuilding the Erazor 450 after yesterday's debacle. The main shaft was not bent at all! The feathering shaft of course was, and I had a bent blade. The antirotation pin broke in the swash. I didn't feel like fighting with it, so changed it out from a scavenged one I had hanging around, the entire swash plate that is. Trued up the CCPM from swash to blade holders, set up for -12 to +12 degrees, and she's flight ready!

I need to spend some more time, lots more time, on my Phoenix sim. I need to get over this psychological obstacle that is keeping me from advancing. I also need to work on recognizing she is getting to far away, keeping her closer. I plan to be flying scale by this time next year, and some 3D within a year after that! We'll see! 

No comments :

Post a Comment