The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Bobbing and Weaving

Took my HDX 500se up for several packs today. It was a bit breezy, but she handles very well. I practiced moving her all around the field, all tail in (earlier I parked the Erazor in a fence trying to hover side in. Still get psyched out). I love this heli. She is built solid with a really tough rotor head. I'm told she isn't a 3D machine which is fine by me. I think she's a perfect trainer for scale flight! Kenny Chandler videoed her for me. She looks closer than she really is (the grainy look is from the digital xoom and she is a big heli).

There is a strong wind with gusts that accounts for most of the up down, but the lateral movement is me and my developing skills. When I want to keep her in one place I have gotten pretty good at nailing her down. When I move her I am still getting use to a delay in response due to her inertia: she is big! I plan on focusing on my heli skills more everyday.


No comments :

Post a Comment