The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

EXI 450 with Hobby King/Assan mini-MEMS 250 gyro

I rebuilt my EXI 450 after my gyro misadventure... And this time I set it up properly (helps to RTFM, read the frickin' manual...)! Here she awaits her test flight.



I test hovered her in the garage, wanting to keep the flight short because I just spent so much time putting her back together. Rebuilt the tail boom and tail rotor assembly, rebuilt the main rotor head assembly, replaced and re-setup the stripped servo's, reprogrammed the Dx6i, and setup the CCPM. Then I spent a half hour setting up and rechecking the  Hobby King mini-MEMS gyro. Then, it was out to the garage!  Short video clip shot by my 12 yo Luke from a distance with zoom, so apologies for the shakiness of the video.  I totally own the shaky piloting...


No comments :

Post a Comment