The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Here we go again...

Phoenixcubby, again. This time with a 225W Exceed Alpha 370 motor from Hobbypartz. This baby has some scary power... I bench ran the motor and the tail came off the bench she wanted to fly like a rocket on thrust alone! Way more power that the stock motor! She is spot on for CG. The wing has a good shape, but I think you can tell the end that broke just by the way it turns up a tad more. Was going to head out to BMF today to fly her, but I had a bad night last night at work and just didn't have the heart for it... I think tomorrow I will be up for it!


Nice new canopy!


Yellow stripe of Econocote to give some strength to the broken wing since I could not spar it.


Straight wing, elevator and fuse.


Sitting pretty.


Still sorta lists to port...

Waiting for the new 225W motor to arrive for Cubby 2, and she too will be ready for flight. Love my Cubbies!

No comments :

Post a Comment