The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

KAMS Fly-In Ocean Springs, Mississippi

Today Luke and I spent several hours at the KAMS Fly-In. I brought several aircraft to display (did not intend to fly, I have enough stress flying without doing it in front of a crowd of strangers...). We enjoyed watching several pilots, including two of my favorites, Paul and Bobby, put their aircraft through their paces. We also enjoyed watching Alex Ayler from the Azealea club in Mobile, Alabama, fly his 1/3 scale Piper Cub. Wow, can he fly! Special thanks to Lee Carroll and his group from KAMS for a great time!


Me and Luke with our aircraft (the MX2 is behind us).



Jerry's club hat with the MCRCC logo.



My PT-19 Cornell by E-flite.



My HDX 500 and Frankenheli 450st.



My PT-17 Stearman from E-flite.



Stuka Dive bomber.









MCRCC gang at lunch.




Al Warburton, having lunch with his friends...




This amazingly accurate 1/3 scale Piper Cub was something else to behold. It came with a pilot figure.



Even the engine was completely accurate!




Luke with Jerry's hat.


Alex Ayler of the Azalea City Model Aeronautics flying club of Mobile, Alabama, with his Cub. Amazing pilot.



Bobby and Al firing up Bobby's plane. Very nice watching Bobby's graceful style.



Paul Verger with his Aeroworks Extra 300. Paul's pattern skills bring flying to a fine art!

We had fried chicken for lunch (I am told it was from Walmart. Wow, who knew... best fried chicken I have ever eaten!). Looking forward now to our MCRCC Fly-In on June 18th! I hope to be ready to fly all my aircraft by then!

No comments :

Post a Comment