The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Phoneixcubby Done!

The canopy came in today, so I fitted the foam under the wing and canopy, and screwed it into place. I screwed together the struts, and glued where the plastic bits were missing from the wing. She looks god, but man, she is bent... I shimmed the left wing where it joins the canopy, after I took these pictures, and it evened out a bit. It was difficult to say, but I think the tail empennage is a bit canted too. At least the wing is straight!


Looks good!



Here you can see the right wing is higher than the left wing. I later put shims of firm closed cell foam under the left wing to even it out a little.



Very pretty!



This close up shows the way I secured the landing gear flange inside the body so that it can move, but resists bending backwards by running into the fuse. I used a cut section of the old wing strut that I melted to a more acute angle after cutting it short. I think this will work out pretty well! I may end up securing it to the post with a plastic wire tie.

Looking forward to flying her! It ought to be an adventure. I haven't decided if I am taking any RC up to Meridian with me, but if I do it would be the Cubby. I will take the sim. This week I will order the parts I need for Cubby 2.

No comments :

Post a Comment