The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Two finger Solution: Finally in a pinch!

I have been trying to switch to a pinch rather than a thumb control on my transmitter, but just couldn't get comfortable with pinch. I red a very nice piece in June 2011 Fly RC by Dave Scott where he describes a modified pinch, as I call it, taught by the 1st RC Flight School. I wanted to link to the article, but apparently Fly RC doesn't allow that...  Here's a pic of what my hands look like on the transmitter with this technique:


I don't know if the classic pinch is one finger fore and aft of the stick, or if this is the actual classic pinch, but this is much more comfortable for me. I have been flying the sim with this and I like it much better. Just as his article says, I find I had to reduce my expo to 10-15% when I was using 25% as my control immediately got finer and less jerky. I like a mushroom top on the right stick and a standard top on the left stick. Finally a pinch that works for me!

No comments :

Post a Comment