The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Unwhoomping Cubby2

This afternoon I started debriding the remnants of Cubby2, and began the process of rebuilding her. The problem will be waiting for the canopy and motor. I have many of the plastic bits and struts.


I used cuts from the old wing struts as spars for the fractured wing. I glued it with Beacon's 3-in-1 glue, and held evything in place with package tape, which I will remove tomorrow. In a few days I will use the Cub Yellow Econo-cote to cover the wing from end to end.



I had to work the the bent and broken parts of the forward fuselage together and glue them, using packing tape to hold them in place. You can also see the wing, which is looking pretty good. Like the wing, I'll remove the tape tomorrow and let the glue set for a couple of days before I cote the fuse. Not sure I will do the whole fuse, maybe just the forward half.

No comments :

Post a Comment