The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cubby Nose Lift

I forgot to mention yesterday that after watching me flail trying to get Cubby off the ground Arnie made a suggestion that fixed the problem rather directly. Like Phoenixcubby, Cubby2 has the new motor, which may a bit more heavy and hrave a different thrust vector. Both of them, as seen in my Last Flight of the Phoenix video, have a tendency to tip forward when power is applied. He suggested putting a couple of washers under the lower mounts, moving the thrust vector up. Darn if this didn't make that problem go away... My next flights all had nice clean take-offs!  Thanks, Arnie!


By the way, bring on the comments, but those wire ties work great for securing this small motor! 

2 comments :

  1. Great contribution you have there!
    This can be of help for people who wants to undergo this nose lift procedure.

    aljur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. I am just worried about the exposed wires - maybe you can put on an electrical tape around them so you won't get electrocuted

    ReplyDelete