The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Stik RCGF 10 cc all set!


Yesterday I started tuning up the Stik and her RCGF 10cc engine. She ran ok, but I realised there were a few maintenance issues that needed attending to.




The clunk was kinda solid, as you can see, stiff as a rod. I check them every season and this one had two. This year it needed replacing, so I used some Tygothane. 



This meant pulling the tank which was a bit of a project. I pulled a few unnecessary structural modifications, and removed the defunct Orange 3-axis stabilizer system (don't recall why I am not using it...). Had to remove the throttle  servo, then was able to pull the tank with some elbow grease. On replacing it I had a bit more room, and used a simple cross bar screwed into the frame to hold it forward. I changed the fuel line, kept the vent line. I broke the cheap 3-way and replaced it with a filtering one ai had on hand. Inspection of the carb got me thinking that maybe the vestigial connection for vacuum on the carb, whcih was just squished, might be leaking air, creating some of the idle issues. I CA'd a piece of snug tubing and screwed the end closed. Removing some of the framework made the throttle more accessible and I noticed that it had been rubbing and catching on the motor mount. I realigned this and moved the throttle connector in a spot cleaing the motor mount. This morning I rest the end poi ts while running the engine and tuned the needles. She is running nice and reliably!


Price of foam to tidy it all up!



No comments :

Post a Comment