The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, March 26, 2020

First Flights, First Crashes! (No, it wasn't the radio!)


The first flights on my brand new, arrived today, iX12! I actually had already bound and set up the Hangar 9 Pulse XT60 and the Sbach 10cc, but wanted to fly the UMX Pitts S-1S as soon as I could, and have the UMXs to fly in the yard.



This was all me. Flew around a bit then got sun blinded, same as the other day, but this time flew her under my daughter's car. Broken wings.
And with that, I reset the Crash Clock!



Not to be discouraged I flew the UMX into my neighbor's house. The house didn't notice. Broke the front end off and split the battery cover in half. This plane flies fine, but the elevator has had issues.



This was the issue. I've adjusted this a couple of times, hoping each time is the last.



Already have the wings fixed! The top wing was split in half, and came off the plane, the left wing broke off the fuse, and both of the super fragile wing struts broke off. And they broke on installation, just like last time. I used CA hinges to join the broken halves of the upper wing with Beacon 3-in-1, and to join the lower left wing to the fuse. Will be ready to fly as soon as tomorrow.



Epoxied the Timber's nose back on, using a popsicle stick end to support the bottom.



Ready to fly! Letting the epoxy cure. Can be ready as soon as tomorrow.



Up close she has war wounds, but is flight ready!



No comments :

Post a Comment