The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Spektrum iX12 On It's Way!

My Spektrum DX8 gen 1 is now over 8 years old, and it still works great. I have replaced the frickin' antenna at least 3 times and am about to again, and the flap switch once. Other than that, despite drops and knocks, she has functioned perfectly. But I have been looking at the pretty young things Spektrum is producing, liking the new technology, and the pretty red dress on the Spektrum iX12 for over a year now (that red dress costs $60 more than the plain pretty black dressed one, which is NIS right now). The bugs seem to be worked out, she is a reliable and go-to platform, and Gary Hoffman pushed me over to it with his kind advice, biased though he be as a Horizon Hobby brand pilot rep who flies an iX20. So today, with a little coin approved by the wife, I ordered one, two-day shipping, baby! I am excited!

Sweet. I really like the red, so paying the extra for it was worth it. I don't know that I will ever need 12 channels, but I see this one lasting me 10 years at least, so no telling what the future may hold.


For the life of me I don't know why such an expensive radio doesn't come in a case, but it certainly needs one, better than the Harbor Freight aluminum one I have been carrying my radios around in for the past 10 years, and will likely continue to use for the DX8. I may try to sell the DX8 for about $150? I can't really use it as a buddy box, the software is too outdated, and the DX7s on the flight sim is more than it needs.


Hitting the YouTube Instructional Vids!


Excited! 2 days to the unboxing, likley 3 because of Sunday. Psych!

No comments :

Post a Comment