The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Maidened the Eflite UMX Pitts S-1S and I am such an idiot.


I LOVE THIS THING! Flew her in the small front yard off the driveway and between my neighbor's house and mine. It flies amazingly well! My first UMX. I can drive her around these tight spaces without much thought. I now have a plane I can just toss up anywhere!



Maiden, took off, rolled inverted, full throttle for an outside loop, immediately lost all power, came down hard. This baby is hardy! "Landed" wheels down, and nothing broke, so I'm not calling it a crash. Another battery, right after full throttle take off engine quit. Another battery, same, another, same. Happened with all 4 new batteries. Watch the vid, solve the mystery!



And this is why.

No comments :

Post a Comment