The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Eflite UMX Timber Maiden

I took the UMX Timber up for the first time today. A little power wimpy for aerobatics, and not enough elevator throw to loop from high speed level flight. But she really was able to handle some pretty gusty winds in a very narrow space in my front yard. I also like the pulsing the motor does when the battery is at or below 3.8V in full throttle! Fun to kick out the flaps and land at nearly a stand still in a steady wind. Her lack of authority in rudder and elevator made for some moments when I thought the Ents were going to eat her or my neighbor would have a plane on his roof, but she managed.

I wonder if reversing the gear channel would change SAFE MODE and AS3X MODE around? Stock is Gear 0 = SAFE, and GEAR 1 = AS3X. Kinda like my cut outs and SAFE to be a flick up, not down.



Nice little plane!



The rudder wheel is off center and quickly broke through the foam, I stabilized it with CA and a styrofoam patch and then secured it with 5 min epoxy. I threw a construction staple across the rudder-fuse gap as this was already pulling away. Tossed some hinge tap across both sides in the bottom.

Another fun addition to the fleet!

No comments :

Post a Comment