The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

It was still an awesome day!


52 deg  up from 35 this am. After spending some time this morning re-tuning the engine I took her out to Wason Pond field after my nap (2 hrs, if you must know, I ain't no slacker).  Of course it was now 20 deg warmer so she ran for crap. Re-tuned. I then flew a good 30 min! The idle is still a bit fast so landings were hot and floaty. But man, she flew perfectly, and with much agility! Happy me! Honestly the field is a little tight for a gasser, but I wanted to get her in the air.



Bounced one and broke the sparky.  Guess that counts as a crash. Resetting the Crash Clock!



Got home and wanted to fly the Pitts. Flew around with no wind she was fast. Took the sun to the eyes, damn fool, and when I could see she was heading for an Ent. And there she is. She was fine, but coming out of the tree trashed her up a bit...



Need new wing struts, that's about it. Could make some out of egg carton foam, if I had any. I'll call the LHS tomorrow, see if they have any, else will order some.

All in all it was an awesome day!

No comments :

Post a Comment