The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Flight Sim Setup


An HP p6654y I bought about 9 years ago with an AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8 GHz processor with 4 GB RAM in 64 bit (x64) System with AMD Radeon HD5570 graphics card, Windows 10, on a Panasonic 41 inch LED TV at 1776x1000 resolution. The keyboard is a Rii (Real Internet Idea) K18 RT518 Bluetooth keyboard from Amazon. I use a spare Spektrum DX7 transmitter. I bought the computer only, no monitor, I think for around $600 from BestBuy. I wanted to upgrade the graphics card to one my son replaced (he's a graphics super user), but it needed a power supply upgrade I wasn't interested in doing. This card works fine, excellent framerates and resolution.  The TV doesn't like the highes resolution making the edges go off screen, so I have to go one down, and magnify icons 125%. The keyboard is nice, but I haven't figured out how to drag and drop with the touch pad.



Spektrum WS100 Wireless Dongle for Real Flight 8 allows wireless connection with my transmitter. A few months after buying RF8 HH Edition, of course RF9 came out...



A SimStick with an HK Orange Reciever for Phoenix 5.5 Flight Sim, my preferred sim. Can do only 4 channels unless I wire in. Sad Phoenix went out of business. I can add a lot of aircraft, including my new Eflite UMX Pitts, not available on the Horizon Hobby RF8.

This setup works fine for me! I fly helis and planks, and need a lot of sim time, especially in the winter. My basement is unfinished so in the winter it's about 40F degrees down there, with two space heaters going O can get it to almost 60F. Its at the other end from my RC workshop.

Aircraft seem to float a bit in sims, 

Sweet!

No comments :

Post a Comment