The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, March 6, 2020

EXI 450 Tail Wag Update

I once again tackled the tail wag on the EXI 450. I have tightened up everything, still wagging.



Installed the all metal Tarot 450 Tail Slide. I found the it needed offsets between the arms and the blade control arms. An M2 lock nut fit the bill perfectly.



Changed the tail servo control arm to a smaller wheel, to decrease the mechanical advantage, to see if that will decrease the wag.



Reset the end points and have a pretty good range despite the small mechanical advantage.



It was dark and cold by the time I finished, so it will need to wait a few days.



I ordered a better tail servo to replace the cheap Emax 9257 I have on there now. I picked up  KST 215MG froem Amainhobbies and will install it when it arrives.

UPDATE 3/10/2020: Decreasing the mechanical advantage did the trick. There is virtually no wag now at 33% gain. Good enough for me! Not sure I will swap out the servo.


No comments :

Post a Comment