The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

MX2 Version 2.0

I wrapped up the rebuild on the MX2 today and she's flight ready (here's part one). The new motor (GForce 32 from Value Hobby) looks ginormous! I removed the metal motor mount and Dremel'ed the new mounting holes, mounted the motor and rewired it in. It has an 8mm shaft, so I had to go out and get a 5/16 ths drill bit to rehole the prop and the spinner plate. I then had to Dremel down the holes in the new red spinner to fit the prop, and notch the prop to allow the posts inside the spinner to connect past the prop. I also noticed that she has a slight bend to the left along her fuse, very subtle, but there.


In with the new, out with the old.



Re-drilled motor mounting plate.



GForce 32 installed.



MX2 the Red Nosed Airplane

I made a very interesting discovery when I test ran the motor. All of the control servos were reversed!  I reversed the servos in the radio and everything is ready. I wonder if this contributed to the funky chicken  dance that lead to her last crash, but I always check surfaces before flying. Very curious... Charging the batteries now, looking forward to flying her tomorrow!

UPDATE: Hmmm.... yeah. Well, I forgot the servos are all new, so I shouldn't be, um, surprised that the servo normal-reverse is all different. Yeah...

No comments :

Post a Comment