The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Field Test of the Arrestor System


I took the arrestor system out to BMF and tried to land the Alpha on it. Try as I might I couldn't land the Alpha on the device, it's just too big. I did come awful close. If I was able to fly from a position in line with the device I think I could do it. The device might be too small even for a small foamie at 2 ft wide. I may double it,  but the idea is to have something easily portable and challenging and making it bigger means, well, bigger, and less challenging. I got one pack of mats for proof of concept, and it actually is really level. I think it will work fine. I am going to continue to try it at 2 ft, see if I can get some of the small foamie guys to shoot landings, and see what they think.

No comments :

Post a Comment