The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, July 15, 2011

MX2 Rebuild Continues

I am still working on the MX2. A couple of days ago I epoxied the ply firewall back together. Yesterday I epoxied the firewall in place and brought together with epoxy the shattered fuse. I had noticed back when this rebuild started that the fuse curved from left to right (right to left from the nose). I had been thinking about this for a while, and today I sliced the fuse at its thinnest point and wedged in and epoxied some dense styrofoam. This worked and the fuse is now aligned.


The angle is more acute when you look down onto the fuse. After the wedge its straight on.



The white wedge of styrofoam bends the fuse back into alignment.

I plan on filling all the holes and gaps with epoxy, sand it down, and paint the fuse one whole color. I may paint the bottom that bright green. I pounded the metal motor mount back into shape and will install it and the motor soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment