The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Alpha receives Airworthiness Cert

I took the Alpha Sport 450 up today for flight quals after its recent repairs. She flew wonderfully with the new HeadsupRC Power 450 Sport motor. After addressing some issues with the nose gear I flew her for several packs.

Luke was not there today, but Antonio Vilchez was. He was having all sorts of problems with his foamie Texan, so I took him up on the Buddy Box for a couple of flights. He flew very, very well! While I have no doubt he can handle take off and landing himself, the winds were treacherous, so I handled those for him. Othrwise, for the 12 minute flights, he did all the pilotage! We ran through basic manuevers, and he executed them flawlessly. Well done, Antonio!

Next up for cert is the Stearman. Weather should be awesome tomorrow. Heading out to BMF as soon as I finish at work.

No comments :

Post a Comment