The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stearman Emerges

I finished the Stearman, completely, this afternoon. She is beautiful... And sounds so sweet running up. I look forward to the day I get to fly her!


The HeadsUpRC motor is a thing to behold. Quiet, powerful, sweet! Installed the AR500 and bound her to my Dx6i. I love it when everything comes together! Here running her under 1/3 throttle to make sure it stays together and nothing overheats.



The battery compartment, the AR500, and the elevator/rudder servos.



Prop on, all finished!



And with her friends in the hangar!

I have been flying the E-flite Stearman on the Phoenix flight sim. She is much harder to fly there than I suspect she is in real. On the sim she has very high wing loading, glides like a brick, and is very, very twitchy, even with a 50% dual rate and 30% expo. She is nearly impossible to maneuver on the ground. I have a feeling that is not what she is like in real life, from the videos I have seen on YouTube.

It remains stormy, and I fear tomorrow and the weekend may be a bust too... More sim...

No comments :

Post a Comment