The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Frankenheli Gets Her Blades!

Frankenheli remains a bit of a hangar queen. Her blades came in, and I put them on tonight. I had removed the chintzy GY192, and put it in the Cubby (we'll see how that works tomorrow). I am waiting for the HK mini-MEMS gyro (at an amazing $10) to come back in stock and be shipped to me. I'll be putting one of them on Franky. Today I thought the AR6100e I had in the Cubby had burned out (it didn't, but that's another story, video above). Before I realized it was just low voltage that kept it from lighting up, I had removed it and taken Franky's Orange receiver and satellite receiver, and put them in the Cubby. So now Franky has the Spektrum AR6100e in her. Once the gyro comes in, we can spin her up and test her out!



The prop saver I ordered from HeadsUpRC arrived the other day. I'm a little tired of breaking props and motors that I decided to install a new motor and the prop saver. I have a new ExceedRC motor for the Cubby, but I won't install it unless I break the one in the Cubby now, its second motor.  Cubby is pretty beat up... My first plane. Looking forward to flying her and seeing how the gyro works out!


Hopefully tomorrow will be a good morning to fly. I had planned to meet up with a pilot at MCRCC's Bob Miller Field, but the winds were too brisk and we cancelled. I am excited about going out there this weekend, and plan to take Luke. 

No comments :

Post a Comment