The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

PT-19 Unboxed!

Yay! Another plane I am afraid to fly...

My E-flite PT-19 Cornell from Horizon Hobby arrived today!  I unboxed it and and some of the parts I also received. I am still waiting for the motor and ESC to arrive, but I will probably start the build tomorrow. I can't wait to fly her!  (If things go well with the Cubby, then the Alpha 450, this will be the next one I fly. still afraid of the Stearman since the Phoenix Flight Sim version is a twitchy brick... People who fly the real model, and what I can see in vids, say this isn't the case. but me afraid because she so pretty...).




The receiver is going to be a Spektrum AR6110 (I have a Y-harness), the ESC an Exceed Volcano 40A with 3A BEC, Tower Pro SG-90 servo's (maybe EXI D213Fs, I haven't decided...), and the motor from HeadsUpRC is a 2836-09  900 kv 200W brushless outrunner, on which will spin a 10x8E prop.  Everyone speaks well of the SG-90s, but the EXI servos are digital metal gear, and the TP SG90's are reliable, well known and widely used analog servo. I just haven't used the SG90's but I have a bunch of them. I think they are at least as good as, if not identical to the E-flite stock ones on my Stearman.

No comments :

Post a Comment