The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another One Just Like The First One...

The stock "ExceedRC" generic ESC in the Cubby is a POS... The first one burned out after a few flights while tuning Cubby up on the bench (see below, Feb 24, 2011). Nitroplanes sent me a new one, and it arrived yesterday. They provided great customer service for this issue, but I wonder what they will do now. I had a bad feeling about the stock ESC and had purchased a ExceedRC Proton 30A ESC from hobbypartz in anticipation of this failure... And it did fail. Here's the vid:


I plugged it in and it got hot fast... I unplugged it, and got Aidan to video a second try in case something exciting happened. It just got wicked hot and started to smell, so I unplugged it before it burst into flames. These are bad ESCs.

Looking forward to flying her tomorrow! Wonder if the gyro, dual rates and more confidence will come together for a great flying day?  Up late charging her batteries... never sleep on a charging LiPo.

No comments :

Post a Comment