The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

E-flite PT-19 Cornell

Well, I bought another plane! Geez, will this ever stop, its like crack...

I have loved this plane since I was a kid. I was one of those who flew the original Cox U-control (line control) 0.049 version of the PT-19 Cornell. It's a classic, and this E-flite version of the PT-19 is on sale for $69 at Horizon Hobby! Here's a pic from xplaneguy on rcdiscuss. The larger is the new E-flite PT 19, and the little guy is the old Cox version. Great pics!

Here's a very nice reveiw on RCDiscuss by Micheal Heer.

The E-flite when it was first on the Horizon website had an optional set of landing gear that was more scale. I am trying to find those. Nice addition beside my PT-17 Stearman.

UPDATE: I was mistaken regarding the landing gear... They are available on the CMP PT-19 sold by nitroplanes. Its a nice looking model, but the drawn on detail makes it a bit cartoonish. I like the look of th E-flite model better, to say nothing of the price! Those optional struts are very overpriced at $55, one hopes for a pair.

No comments :

Post a Comment