The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stearman Build Day #2 - almost done

Essentially finished the Stearman today. I need the motor and the receiver to complete the build. She is huge, and a thing of beauty.


Aileron servos setup, preparing the wing.



Servos in. I forgot to snap a pic of the install, but it went pretty much by the book.
Hinges in the aileron, preparing to join it to the wing.



I was worried about losing the aileron servos leads in the wing, so I used the string they provided for the install, just kept it tied to the plug, but ran the bitter end through the frame and tied it off. This part is in a hole in the frame so the string does not interfere with the wing install
.


Both wings done.



Pilot figure. I was going to make him a Kamikaze, but thought that might be a bit prophetic... Luke and my names on the cockpits since fling is becoming his thing too.



Finished, except for the motor and receiver!




She is fragile. It will be some time before I am ready to fly her. Want to work out my piloting bugs on the Alphs Sport 450 first. This plane is pretty big, not sure she is a park flyer, per se...

No comments :

Post a Comment