The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cubby's ESC burns up...


Almost forgot to mention... Yesterday I finished repairs on the Cubby. I had run the motor a couple of times during this repair, about 5 minutes before this last spin up. This time I smelled an electrical fire. I turned everything off and inspection revealed a capacitor on the generic ESC had burned up. I removed it from the a/c and have asked Nitroplanes to replace it. Damn, otherwise Cubby is ready to fly!

UPDATE: Wow, now that's service! I asked Nitroplanes to replace the ESC, and Eric is sending me a new one, within 30 minutes of my posting the service request on RCDisuss.com, their forum for service etc. I have always had excellent service with them, and will continue to be a customer of NP, Hobbypartz and Xheli!

No comments :

Post a Comment