The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, February 14, 2011

New Day

I want to fly sooooo bad! Have to hit the gym this morning with the wife, then I am free. Hope the wind stays settled down. After yesterday the Cub is grounded, though I will call the LHS to see if they have an 8x6 slow flyer prop and maybe getting to fly her later today. I also plan to take the EXI back out today... Hope I can get somewhere with her and get a decent pack of hover out of her. I am also going to try the 250.

The ERazor took quite a hit. I rebuilt her last night and she's almost flight ready. Needs a vertical tail fin to protect her tail rotor, ordered it last night. She needed a new main shaft as it was slightly bent (could only tell when I took it apart and rolled it), the sheared feathering shaft had to be replaced. One of the main thrust bearings is suspect but looks good and functions fine. Replaced the totally wiped out flybar, but the cage looks fine. the pitch servo and the elevator servo stripped and had to be replaced. Lastly new FG blades, and check the CCPM.

So, today is a new day. Hopefully new success!

No comments :

Post a Comment