The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, February 21, 2011

EXI 450 Electrical Failure

I was flying Radd's in the garage when the heli started getting jumpy. The swash would twitch up and down. I turned it off and inspection revealed the aileron and pitch servo wires had gotten into the main gear and rubbed through. I didn't have my camera to photograph the damage... but I repaired them by soldering in a new section, and here's the post pic.
I have repaired the Cubby, but am waiting for the new motor and the props. At some point my foamy must become a gluey, right? I mean, how much damage can it take before its all glue and no foam?

I also installed the GY192 gyro to try again to stabilize the roll, and adjusted the clevi on the control horns. I found out that the further away from the aileron the less throw. I thought it would be the other way around. Haven't tested it yet.

No comments :

Post a Comment