The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, February 11, 2011

I Ordered an E-Flite Stearman PT-17!

Yeah! Psych!  I pulled the trigger on that E-Flite PT-17 Stearman I have always wanted! I ordered the parts (ouch...) and look forward to building it over the next couple of weeks. I won't be flying this puppy until I get very good with the Cub. Very excited!  Check it out here!

A beautiful aircraft. I am putting the recommended servos in (JR MC35 and MC48), and a Spektrum AR6100 Receiver (so it will work with my Dx6i transmitter). I will be using a Hobbywing Pentium 40A ESC with 3A/5V switching BEC, and the Optima 75M42 950kv motor from Exceed.

My hangar is now complete! Well, until I decide I am ready for that FBL 600...

More to follow!

PS: BTW, the PT17 Stearman on the Phoenix simulator was added yesterday by Phoenix! But it flies like a short wing jet... it needs a lot of airspeed to fly, and stalls like a rock. I will have to be careful.

No comments :

Post a Comment