The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Hangar 9 Pulse XT60 and its RCGF 26cc Flight Ready

 After yesterday's debacle, I moved forward with getting the rest of my fleet flight ready, today starting with the Pulse XT60.


Took her off the wall and out to the work table. Decided not to lug the wings out just yet. Spent an hour running her and tweaking the needles. She started right up and ran pretty well, but I felt she was running rich still. 



 After repairing the stripped aileron connector, I attached the wing and ran the engine to see if the ailerons wanted to play the fool and jitter, but nope, all is well. Has only been a problem on the Stik and the Stick.




I'm pretty happy with her and look to take her out tomorrow, weather permitting.  I will do a few cosmetic fixes before then.



This is right after starting her having had her on her back repairing the lead. She had to cough up some air first. As I wound the needles to full closed to reset them I stopped counting after about 4 turns... I set them at 2 and 2, finding that's the min to start and run up, probably ended up closer to 2-1/2 for the high, but closer to 3-4 for the low to get a smooth run up. It still stutters a bit with crash to WOT, but its quick and consistent. Last year she ran smoothly on the ground, but 4 cycled in the air at WOT. Will see.

Next up, one of the 30xx's and the helis. I am still putting off fixing the Waco, and maidening the 3rd Spitty.

No comments :

Post a Comment