The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, July 15, 2021

FINALLY! Awesome flying day!

Today was that perfect golf swing kinda day! That one where you getting kinda frustrated, depressed even, and then you hit that sweet spot with a graceful fluid swing and the ball sails. It was that kinda day!

Yesterday was disappointing. The PulseXTs RCGF-USA 26cc was still misbehaving, and the once perfectly fine RCGF-USA 35cc decided it wouldn't start. Today I decided to see if the M4F sparky was the same as a CM4, it fit in the 35cc, and it ran sweet right away, so yes! I couldn't find M4Fs anywhere, so this was great! Have 3 CM4s. Since this worked, I decided to replace the M4F in the 26cc as well, and damned if that wasn't the cure! I thought I had changed it last year, but it being the unfindable M4F that wasn't possible. That was easy. She too now runs pretty smooth!



Beautiful day to fly! Solid steady cross wind, but easily handled.



PulseXT 60 with its now sweet RCGF-USA 26cc!



Sweet once again!!



Straight out 90 degree wind! At least it was consistent



The innards of the MX-Bach. So glad she is running wonderfully, and flying well. She is super sensitive to control inputs. Dropped the DRs and found the expos a bit much making her a bit sluggish (55% on the ailerons, 80% on the elevator). I dropped the DRs, and next time will change the expos (forgot to give that a try today). I had to dial in a minuscule amount of up elevator on the flaperons. These humongus control surfaces have such profound effect. The full down flaperons need me to max the DR for any control authority, so I need to decrease the throw of the flaps to give it some more authority and less drag. The winds were getting gusty up high and she spooked me a couple of times, so I landed and called it a day. Every takeoff was smooth, every landing greased.  I love the way these heavy planes land. Awesome day.



New spark plug, all is well!



Next, I think I need to fix the Waco! Ground looped it into the weeds and that torqued the wing. I think it won't be as bad I as fear.

So great to have an awesome flying day, that perfect swing kinda day!

No comments :

Post a Comment