The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, July 19, 2021

Waco 26cc is ready to fly!

Yes! I have completed the repairs on the Waco and programmed it into the iX12 transmitter! Tomorrow I plan to get the engine running, and if time permits, get her to the club field to fly. The conditions look great.


I have admitted the complex curves with cote are not my strong point. Here I am halfway completed on the starboard side wing root, using a cote iron, and some heat gun.



It looks pretty darn good. Close up its not perfect, but that'll do.



Tank reinstalled, installed the battery tray (velcro).
Tank is offset a bit for the battery.



Aileron leads out, battery in, cozied up.



Flight ready!






In programming it I worked on the Eagle A3 stabilization system. Why does she have one? I don't know, just felt like it since the original had the doomed Spektrum Alpha6 system. Replaced that with an Orange Stabilized System, and replaced that with this A3. The gain pots are hard to adjust. I turn them up, to set the directions of the surfaces, and turn them down as low as I can, but they still seem a bit aggressive. I'll be careful. The pot screws don't move negative well. I have it set up on Flight Mode switch. 

Tomorrow, we fly!


No comments :

Post a Comment