The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, September 3, 2020

450's are UP again!

 Finished up the 450's today, the Flybarred and the Flybarless (FBL) today?


I always take new parts apart, including this flybar assembly. I greasevthe main bearings, and locktite everything. For $17 it pretty darn good. Its a Hausler 450 Sport SE V2 flybarred rotor assembly I bought from 2013-topking on eBay. Curiously it says the part was shipped from NJ, but they are in Taiwan or China. Either way it only took about 10 days or so to arrive. The assembly is solid and tight, but it did have a couple of issues, the flybar paddles were nearly impossible to get on, hence the lighter. I tried melting them on. Eventually a lot of elbow grease I got them on. One of the rocker arm screws tightens but feels stripped.



And this happened. The swash came apart simply moving it. That rotating part that connects to the swash follower arms and the pitch control arms should be firmly ensconced in the swash bearing and rotate freely. The swash ring is held in place by the antirotation elevator contol "ball" that fits into the antirotation support. Yeah, that's a fatal problem. I had to replace it with a swash of my own. The elevator/antiroation "ball" are mine, the installed one was way too short.



My swash and the Hausler flybar assmebly in situ.



Leveling the swash, the assembly is fully installed.



Setting up the swash mechanics old school!



All set! This has the old EXI frames, but everything has been replaced, so, is just an Align clone now with an Align GP760 gyro.



The Flybarred and Flybarless 450's.



Reprogramming the ZYX FBL stablization system. I was using a program called FBL Programmer, but found the later Tarot version, displayed here. This is the original stablization system, since replaced by the ZYX-S, an updated version.



The clone HK 450 FBL is all set up and ready to test!

Tomorrow I will test them.

No comments :

Post a Comment