The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, September 14, 2020

Walbro 10cc Carb Update

 I took the cleaned carb out attached to the RCGF-USA 10cc on the test stand.



She would not catch at all at first, but gas was going through it. Changed from the iffy new spark,mwhich was sparking, and used a good spark, no change. When I had it at WOT, she would try to run a few RPMs, but not consistently. After an hour I gave up, I was wasting a lot of gas to flooding. 



I took the carb apart, and it was full of gas. The valve sheet was rubbery. Now, the replacement kit comes with a least 3 types of material cut for this carb, one is kinda rubbery, one is this thin plastic, and another is a little thicker and looks reinforced. I have no idea which one to use, I've not knowingly used one over the other, and the blue one looks most familiar, so I went with it.



Put it all back together. In consideration of my neighbors, I don't run before 10 am, and usually not till noon, and stop after 5 pm. I will try again tomorrow. 

No comments :

Post a Comment