The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, September 19, 2020

Faith Restored: Evolution 10cc runs perfectly!

Back in June I pancaked the Sbach and her Evolution 10cc when I lost control authority. I thought this was a radio issue (don't we always?) but knowing the radio is fine having had it inspected by Horizon Hobby/Spektrum, I have to think I just stalled it... Anywho's, I, of course, haven't run the engine since. Today I put her on the test bed.



It's narrower than the RCGF-USA 10cc the mounts are set up for. To keep it simple I just made a thingy. Two bolts on the left, on on the right.





Didn't take much to get her started once I got fuel to the spark.



Happens. I was finger choking the carb (has no choke) and touched the sparky, giving me a little surprise shock, making me jump and nicking my finger in the back of the prop.


UPDATE 9/20/20: This is what it looks like this morning when I took the band-aid off. It looks much better a few hours later when I let it dry out a bit. It's really not as bad as it looks.



I don't think I have ever had an engine exceed 9500 RPM before! 
The Evolution was rocking 10,250 at one point swinging a 13x6!



Listen to that sound!

Needless to say, my faith in the little Evolution is renewed, and as soon as they are back in stock its going on the Hangar 9 10cc Ultra Stick!

No comments :

Post a Comment