The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Defeat

 


I give up. I can't get the Walbro carb to work on my 10cc RCGF engine, even after rebuilding it. When  I took it apart it was full of gas. Running it before and after rebuilding it I would see light smoke and a lot of fuel coming out of the exhaust, no matter how I leaned or richened or changed endpoints. It would never catch nor sputter. So I took it off the engine stand, and was planning to try the small 10mm Walbro I had tried some time ago, but in emails with Gary Hoffman, my engineer, I decided to bring it to him to have him hit it with whatever rocks he has. If he can't get it to run its not likely ever going to, but I will then have Joe Nelson Of RCGF-USA take a whack at it. I will be shocked if Gary doesn't get it running. Tomorrow I will take it out to Gary in Hampton, NH, on my motorcycle, two birds, one stone!

I may put the other RCGF 10cc on the engine stand, the one on the Spitty. I have had problems finding a nice low needle that idles well and accelerates well. Not sure, may just test it on the plane as is. I don't want to put the Evo 10cc on it, would need to see if the RCGF muffler fits as I am not putting the huge torpedo muffler on the Spitty, and also because I kinda think its weaker than the RCGF though I have no objective support for that. I had just found its sweet spot when I crashed the Sbach, so it was running perfectly. I'll give the RCGF a chance on the Spitty, but may replace it... we'll see.

No comments :

Post a Comment