The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, August 30, 2019

PulseXT, Electric Starter Issues, and the Stik Servo

Made the throttle servo swap on the PulseXT 60 with its RCGF-USA 20cc It's a powerful 20 kg torque servo, but it was less than $18 from Amazon. I put a ferro ring on the lead and it has a plastic servo arm, so it should be well isolated.  The FUTABA servo was an old piece of crap and had a bad wire. I hope this solves the mid-range twitchies.





I mentioned in the last post that I fried my electric starter. It should be more than capable of handling the compression of the 30cc gas engine, but these RCGF-USA engines are known for their hight compression. With the issues I was having trying to start the MX-Bach, I melted the plastic around the contact bushings. I also found the old parallel cable I had made was coming apart so I rebuilt one. I used the bar from a couple of Traxxas connectors and soldered the leads to them, used shrink tube to cover it. Works great with my new Hangar 9 starter!


I also changed out the wonky Hitec HS-435HB servo on the Stik's tight aileron. Rock solid. With that and isolating the ignition noise. Looking forward to getting her up in the air!




No comments :

Post a Comment