The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, August 17, 2019

While my vids are in Google Hell...


For years Google Photos has had this awesome behavior where it will randomly decide your video will be stuck in "video processing" for hours, days, months in some cases. You can watch it on Photos, but that is it. Can't download it, can't share it... it is no longer yours. Some thought it was the  file size, one of mine is 64mb. Curiously one of them is a little smaller and it was available right away. You would thing this years long issue would be fixed by now... This one below was processed right away and I was able to upload it to YouTube.



RCGF-USA Stinger 30cc







Somehow when I installed EC3 connectors I got them backwards, the Male-Female is set up Female-Male. So I had to make an adapter, and in this pic a small plug in the middle to allow me to charge it. I didn't feel like changing everything, and I am out of connectors. I put solder in the wire receiver end, a small cut piece of a M3 screw in that, and then soldered the free end into the other connector, so that M-F were soldered back to back, then the female metal part inserted into the male plastic connector. I know, more than you need to know, but it was a slow day.



The Sbach 10cc Evolution has its place in the workshop.  One of the videos I can't access is a walk around while she is running. Flew several tanks and figured out her trim, and her DR and Expo. She is flying wonderfully. The vortex generators have made her stall habits much much more benign. 


 

I picked up this Hobby Eagle 3-Axis Gyro from MotionRC for around $30 delivered/ HobbyKing doesn't seem to be brining their Orange Stabilizer systems back anytime soon, so I will give this one a shot. I am thinking of using it in the Sbach.

Hopefully I will get my videos back soon. If not, planning to "maiden" the MX-Bach tomorrow, weather permitting.




No comments :

Post a Comment