The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, September 2, 2019

It didn't suck... literally

I had been having problems with the RCGF-USA 30cc installed on the MX-Bach. I took the engine off and studied it, removed the carb. I just could not believe it was the Walbro carb, the ignition or the Hall sensor. I decided to look at the vacuum port on the reed valve casing, and found it hard blocked completely. There was no pump vacuum. I suspect this was building up, there being as is standard no air filter. Cleaned it, reassembled, and she started up right away with the low needle at 1.75 and the high at 2.25, and she runs sweet! Drove her around the yard with no problems.



Reed valve side of the vac line.



Vac port, on the pump side of the carb.



Clean reed valve.




The reed valve side vac port on the reed valve case.



The blue tube is the vac line from the reed valve case to the pump side of the carb. Reed valves poking out.







Put the carbon fiber nose cone on here. I CANNOT WAIT TO GET HER UP IN THE AIR!




Listen to that!

No comments :

Post a Comment